Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Prints...Wordless Weds. except it is Thurs.

2012 was a most productive and exciting year for me. I really mean to blog about it. But for today I will just put up some images that are in a one person show of prints on paper. They are all monotypes done with MX dye on Reeves BFK. I love the rich translucency that the thickened dye produces on this lush paper. 

 I think it is easy to see that these three prints were pulled from the same deconstructed screen. With each pull more of the dye is deposited on the paper. I also worked back into them with additional dye either brushed on or stamped.

















 These three came from another screen


 






These last two are larger and from the same screen

I have another six waiting to be revisited. It is a wonderfully exciting process.

1 comment:

  1. These are gorgeous! They make me want to pull out my screens and start printing.

    ReplyDelete